Thursday, August 26, 2010

Election of Rejection

Good Morning all , it`s been a New York minute since my last post, thank you for waiting on me to hear From God before you hear from me. Today I would like to share concerning something we all have experienced at least once in our lives. REJECTION...

Rejection means when one is denied, dismissed, refused, discarded or thrown away : to be considered unuseful anymore. The Bible speaks of election, adoption and being predestined.

Election:   (Romans 8:29) ...  One who is chosen
Adoption: ( Galatians 4:5) ... To take into ones family enabling them to become an heir
Predestined:  (Ephesians 1:5) ... To mark out beforehand

Which brings me to the word "Pre" which also means before... I always wanted to ask my mother where did she get the idea as far as my name was concerned.   About 7 years ago I found out that in Greek .. Tina means " Christian" and since Pre means before..  My name actually means before I became a christian I was destined to be a christian... That is good news to me. I was teased as a child for having such a unique name , but after being on facebook , I realized that there are at least 6 other women with the same name residing in New York and even to the uttermost parts of the world.

Hold tight this train is still moving , we are just taking our time to enjoy the view as we travel.

I was adopted into a family at age 8 that I knew very little about ... yeah we had things in common but they were not my biological family who brought me home from the hospital , changed my diapers , took me to pre school or combed my hair . They began to build relationship with me as I dwelt among them,  but only to the degree of how far they wanted the bond to grow; or as far as their hearts would allow..  I honestly missed the closeness one experiences when you are there from inception , but I do not for one minute THINK  that God was not aware of who I would spend those 6 years with thus calling  them my family. Even today I still call them on their birthdays, pray with them over the phone and love them like we were born from the same parents.

There were challenges as in any family, I grew up around some of the most intelligent, creative, funny and fashion forward people you could ever meet. But something was still missing... so at times I did get the leftovers, hand me downs and at other times I didn`t get things unless someone else got it first...  This brought about a little competition and alot of accusation, I was labeled as " the copy cat". I had no control over these things , but it still did not stop them from occuring.

Which brings me to this place .  More often than we care to admit we have been rejected, we were not picked on a sports team, for a part in a play or production, passed over for a solo in the Christmas pageant, refused by the neighborhood jock or denied by the " pretty" girl.  Either way we have all come to know what it feels to called a " denominator" when our greatest desire is to be considered the "numerator". These feelings can become a strength to push some forward ; while becoming stress for another who is emotionally drained by the refusal .

The GREAT news is that God is not like man , He will take the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, He will allow you to be born into a family where you were once the butt of their jokes to being used for His glory..... The guy who dumped you 2 days before prom, the coach that called you short stuff, the teacher who said you would never amount to anything .... and the worst of all... a parent or close relative who degrades you with words like " you are just like your mother", or you will be a bum just like your daddy. If we release God.. He can use these things as fuel , but when we don`t these things can shape and mold us  into a lump of low self esteem or will cause  one to become a pile of pride.

Back to God... He chose the Jewish people to show the world about relationships that are pleasing to Him, Many rejected Him... so because He is God and can do whatever He wants , when He wants to. He said ... I will provoke them( Jewish people) to jealousy and use a people (Gentiles) who were once not my people to bring my people back to me.  What am I saying ? Please do not be discouraged because another human passed you over for something that they percieved to be greener grass ; only to find out it was mere astroturf.

Do not allow what you may percieve about yourself to cause you to believe God can not use all the hurt , pain, disappointment, anger, blunders and shortcomings for His glory.... truth be told you are the perfect candidate for Him to use .... we are all products of rejection.  We often allow the cares of this world; what we should of , could of,  or would of done to stop us from moving forward. God chose us before the foundation of the world , gave us all things that pertain to life and godliness and as we agree with Him .... we can accomplish the plans He has for us.

My prayer today is that we spend not another second being angry at others, ourself  or even God for what He allowed to occur... what you have been through will be used to  assist another in their breakthrough.  Rejection for a time may seem heartwrenching... But the Lord that we serve will place those who once looked down at you ,at a table and began to show them and the world that although you percieved him or her as of ignoble purpose , I have called them Ambassodors, Royalty, Conqueror and My Friend..... These same people you once  put your mouth on.... will one day stand in the presence of  and speak to dignitaries, kings and all manner of  people of prestige .... who too; were at once : disappointed, hurt, frustrated and without hope. i.e. REJECTED.

Lastly as God places you out there DO NOT be boastful, like ... yeah God will show you I am somebody, He didn`t save us to show people how good we are , He died that we would show people how great He is....

2 comments:

  1. Well said! I'm sure that this article will help a lot of people who have felt rejection, hurt and pain in their lives. Well done, Pre..tina.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete