Saturday, August 28, 2010

From Fear to There

Hello everyone I am so excited about today`s topic... We will be visiting a place called ... FEAR

Fear  :  An anxiety caused  by real or possible danger or pain.

We the people... are afraid of everything from spiders , heights ,cats , saying no, being told no, taking risks, investing our money, investing our time, failure, success, God , Satan, death, life, letting go, holding on and sadly enough most of us are afraid of our own shadow. When we live our lives gripped by fear it not only stunts our growth it also hinders those around us.

As a young child I visited the neighborhood pool; my other cousins loved these outings , but because I did not know how to swim I would convince them to bring their little brothers and sisters along ... So I could monitor them in the "baby pool". This was a surefire way to get in the water but not have to worry about drowning because the water was not deep enough to accomplish this.

Sad to say that one fear,  multiplied like Gremlins do when  they are too exposed to water. I now found myself afraid to ride a bike unless it had training wheels or  was on the back with someone else, Did not go roller or ice skating because I was to afraid to fall, didn`t try out for cheerleading because I was not pretty enough, passed on basketball because... you guessed it... I was too afraid to miss a shot ; so I never even attempted to launch one due to fear of being ridiculed. The one thing I did enjoy was track ... How interesting that I perfected RUNNING.( That is another blog for another day )

Fear will cause you to miss out out on ; not only your life but those close to you also. I soon began to realize that the seed of rejection caused me to become afraid , but now the spirit of Pride has prohibited me from moving forward. The two really do go together... just like goodness and mercy follow you ,  so do pride and fear.

Pride says I will not do it because you will not laugh at me, but how can you overcome that which you never even confront. I spent a many a days and nights alone because I was too prideful to call someone, Missed out on outings because I was too prideful to ask for a ride... .And then had the nerve to get mad when everyone talked about all the fun they experienced. It was not their job to remember that I didn`t have transportation, but it was my responsibilty to remind them, by asking for assistance.

Old saying goes a closed mouth does not get fed... same with God.. yes we know He knows all things and our thoughts afar off, but if you don`t open your mouth , He may not open His hand.  We learned how to ask for all the wrong things but when it comes to that which is beneficial we tend to get spiritual lockjaw.  And why because we are so afraid that Jesus will say no , even though He promised to never leave you or forsake you, provide your every need and give you the desires of your heart.

Today I would like to encourage you to move from Fear Boulevard to Freedom  Avenue, there are new territories you have been equipped to conquer and until you change your address you will find yourself on a dead end street wondering why all of your neighbors have left the hood.

Our past is a place to visit from time to time only to remind us to move forward. It is not a timeshare, vaction getaway or a resting place.. May we all today seek for ways to move from fear to there....

Hidden In Him
Pretina J. McNeil

No comments:

Post a Comment