Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Satan Knows your Name

Grace and peace to you,from Him who is able to keep you from stumbling And to present you faultless Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,To God our Savior,Who alone is wise,Be glory and majesty,Dominion and power,Both now and forever Amen.



I went out today for a much needed walk,at first I wished for a companion but before I could finish the thought the Lord said: I will walk with you.so off we went and i was listening to Him and He was listening to me and after singing some praise songs I began to decide how much longer I would walk.so i said to myself two more laps and I will head back home,but this time before I finished my thought satan said very clearly "Tina ". immediatley the Holy Spirit said do as I say,"I" will let you know when it is time to go home.



I feel the need to explain ,if we are truthful we will admit that there are 3 voices we hear:Gods,Satan and of course our own.(keep reading I aint crazy)I was also reminded of a line from a Tyler Perry movie that stated: " It is not what people call you,but what you answer to".so at that instance I had to make a choice to answer Gods voice,my own or listen to the enemy.way too often we lean on our own understanding, ignore God and then blame the devil.



Stay with me I am making a point real quick,in a day and time when people are naming their children crazy names we want to be sure that they can live up to those declarations .in biblical times people knew to name their children in accordance with what they would become.(now if you are thinking of some crazy name for your child,I pray that you would take into consideration the backlash that they may recieve because of your attempts of being unique or creative).



Enough from me,let us go to the word(Genesis 17:1-5) a familiar passage of scripture tells us of how God gave a name change to Abram which means "Exalted Father" to Abraham meaning"Father of nations".Likewise his wife also had a name change from Sarai meaning" princess" to Sarah which means "Mother of nations."(do you see the increase here?)



Genesis 33:24-28 speaks of Jacob which translates to" deciever".His name was changed to Israel after wrestling with God.this is so cool because we know whenever we try and wrestle with Jesus it is already a fixed fight.the great news is that when we surrender not only have we had an intimate encounter ,but we come out a changed person.God wanted to show Jacob that in the midst of falsehood and deception God "IS REAL'. Jacob was used to conning people and before God could use him mightily there were some things that had to be "dislocated " in this mans life in order to represent God effectively.(WE CAN ALL THINK OF SOME THINGS WE ARE STILL TRYING TO ARM WRESTLE WITH GOD ABOUT ,BUT THAT IS A WHOLE OTHER BLOG!!!)



Daniel 1: 1-7 tells of four young men who were in Babylonian captivity;they had been given Godly names at birth but when they were" relocated' their names were changed to go along with their enviornment. be mindful of where you are taking THE HOLY SPIRIT although God is omnipresent it does not mean He wants to go to some of the places we take Him. Daniel which means"God is my Judge''is renamed Belteshazzar meaning"Lady protect the King".Hananiah meant:The Lord is gracious his new name became Shadrach meaning 'I am fearful of the God". Mishael=Who is what God is? is renamed "I am of little account.you see the pattern here? Lastly Azariah=The Lord has helped Me is now going by Abed-Nego not a bad negro but "Servant of the the god Nebo". your surroundings can easily strip you of your identity.but whatever state you are in you must not let change of scenery block your vision.



You can check out for yourself in the new testament how Saul of Tarsus became Paul="small one" actually just study the book of Acts and you will see how God can use whomever He pleases, however He pleases and whenever He PLEASES ! while you are at it do not forget about our brother Peter who walked on water as well as hand in hand with Christ and whose life was never the same.



The main point of this blog is to remember although satan knows your name,he only can call you by your old name according to your past, so if someone called you : stupid, ugly ,crazy a female dog or even a garden tool it is up to you whether you will respond to that name.One of the biggest lies ever told to mankind was "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me". there are people today not living up to the call on their lives because of what someone called them in their past or even what someone called them today.



If you have recieved Christ as Lord and Savior you have a new name.How do I know this to be true because scripture declares that Jesus name means "He will save them from their sins!" He has written your name in the Lamb.s Book of Life., He knew you before you were formed in you mothers womb. He has given you the right to be called Sons and Daughters of God. He said your name would no longer be" fosaken' but He has called you His friend and His bride.



If you dont know him for yourself it is easy as ABC: ADMIT THAT YOU ARE A SINNER, BELIEVE HE DIED AND ROSE AGAIN AND CONFESS THAT HE IS LORD AND BESIDE HIM THERE IS NO OTHER (ROMANS 10;9-10).



Satan wants to keep you bound in your thinking and Christ has set us free from who and what we used to be .when He calls you,YOU REALLY DONT HAVE TO ANSWER.  AND AS HE REMINDS YOU OF YOUR PAST YOU REMIND HIM OF HIS FUTURE!!







I LOVE YALL TO LIFE ,TRUST GOD BECAUSE HE CHANGES NOT.



PHIL. 4:4-13)

1 comment: